St Christopher's Episcopal Church
- Saturday 5:30 pm
- Sunday 8:00 am
- Sunday 10:30 am
St. Christopher’s is a community of people who are just like you. Please, come as you are, wherever you may be on life's journey. Live out your faith with authenticity! We don’t claim to have all the answers, but we are committed to faithfully searching for them together in the boundless truth of Christ while honoring one another in the process.
We celebrate the beauty and the mystery of the Episcopal tradition while remaining open to the Holy Spirit’s call to worship today. We thank God for all the faithful followers of Jesus who through the ages conveyed His message of hope to us. In their steps, we at St. Christopher’s seek to take our place in Christ’s one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
Our faith must intersect with the center of our lives to be meaningful to us and useful to others. When God decided to come into the middle of our world in the person of Jesus of Nazareth, He showed us that He wants to meet people where they are, in the places they live, and in all of life’s circumstances. Whatever your life situation might be, we at St. Christopher’s are ready to assist you in the pursuit of a dynamic faith in Jesus Christ.
Whoever you are and wherever you might be in your spiritual walk, we welcome you to journey with us as fellow pilgrims as we explore the adventure of faith. St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church is a growing community of people from a variety of backgrounds – some are life-long Episcopalians, but many come from various faith traditions.
- Our worship style is rooted in the ancient Christian form, yet carries a real and relevant message to be carried into a world that is starved to know of Christ’s healing love.
- Others sense the love of God in our very intentional care for one another. Pastoral care here is not just the professional responsibility of the clergy, but is something we all take seriously as a community.
- Many of us sense that God is most powerfully present when we engage with those who are poor and marginalized, and the result is a community-wide determination to make a difference in the world.
- Others who call this church “home” are people who are drawn to our serious educational offerings. We believe that taking the spiritual life seriously does not mean disengaging the mind.
St. Christopher’s is an incubator of faith for small children, and offers a cohesive and stimulating environment for youth in their journey to adulthood. With children’s spiritual development as a core priority, we have a Youth Director on staff, a dedicated Youth House for activities, and sponsor a preschool serving ages 1-4. We offer increasingly diverse offerings of adult fellowship – to ensure all ages are being fed, supported and formed by the love of God. There is a place for singles and families, young and old; all are truly welcome here.
Once here - our hope is that you will sense your faith is stretched and growing, yet in a community that is safe and feels like “home.” The best way to see what it’s all about is simply to come to any of the worship services or programs. If you’re curious to learn more about something, just ask. We are all fellow travelers in the one family of God’s children. No one belongs in this community more than you. Try us out!
The Rev. Susan R. Sowers
Rector, St. Christopher’s Episcopal Church
- Saturday 5:30 pm
- Sunday 8:00 am
- Sunday 10:30 am
The camp is a free summer day camp supporting children of low income and disadvantaged families within the greater Pensacola area. Last year we had over 280 campers ranging in ages from 6 to 11. During a typical day, the children participate in craft activities, guided nature walks, swimming, games and music. We invite guest speakers to provide talks and demonstrations with child interaction on topics such as environmental stewardship, natural resources and the protection and understanding of wildlife and plants.
Volunteers and donors are needed to:
- Provide lunches.
- Help with crafts and other activities.
- Help with the fishing activity on Friday.
- Provide bathing suites and towels that the kids take home with them.
- Provide financial support.
For more information see the Camp Happy Sands:
Good news! The Haiti Mission, the Incarnation Project, is moving forward. The project has been on hold because of some issues with communication and finances which have now been resolved. A permanent latrine has been constructed on the school property.
There will be a small team from Kansas City and Pensacola going to Le Pretre, Haiti, in early March with the primary goals of renewing/establishing relationships, working on the contract for the first phase (4 rooms) of the school building, and hopefully getting started with site preparation to be done by the local people. In addition, the team will provide worm meds, vitamins, toothbrushes, shoes, etc. for the school children and reading glasses for the older adults.
Please keep the project in your prayers. We welcome financial contributions for school construction and teacher salaries. You may make your check payable to St. Christopher’s for “Haiti.” If you have any questions, you may contact Nancy Kulb.
- Provide immediate support for school supplies and teacher salaries.
- Provide health education, screening and treatment.
- Expand the existing school to accommodate 5 teachers and 80 students.
- Provide long term support for the school.
- Pray for the Church and school.
- Pray for the success of the Incarnation Project.
- Go on a mission trip to Le Pretre.
- Provide financial assistance.
Christopher's Concerts feature musical performances from some of the Gulf Coast's top musical acts such as Reunion Band, Dr. Breeze, Not Quite Fab, The Blenders, Infusion, Mass Konfuzion, Bay Bridge Band, and Cross Town Band. These free concerts begin in Spring and are open for the entire community and fun for the whole family. Bring your chair or blanket and your favorite beverage! Food available for purchase or you may bring your own picnic. Like us on Facebook to get updates on the 2016 concert series.